When A Girl Can't Be Herself

      I'm too lazy to wear makeup. In the morning from the minute I wake up I don't wear makeup to conceal what I'm made of.

      I know many girls can't do without makeup they feel insecure about not wearing one. Ify, a neighbour is always like that. She's very creative with her makeup using two shades  of eye shadow under her eyelids, craving her eyebrows and drawing them back in, a blend of brown  powder on her face then a lipstick which she runs over her full lips. And it  takes her  an hour everyday to wear makeup.

    She wants to be perfect not just that but  hot too if not hotter than other girls. Girls are sterotyped that they need to be prefect and compete for the attention of men. So they spent hours wearing makeups that would make them look like those models.

    I'm naturally skinny and I eat a lot I would say  I'm a glutton somehow when my appetite premits it.(beasting is what my male friends call it,lol).

  
    But Ify wants to look like those models posing on Ebony magazines because she believes  being plus size is unattractive. She just nods no when I hand her chocolates and loves eating fruits and vegetables for dinner and at exactly 7:00pm not after that time. I dont care about eating late I actually want to gain some flesh over my skinny bones and I hate vegetables. Just like other girls, she is sterotyped to believe being skinny is just cool and sexy and plus size is not.

   Her hairs are brazillain and she hardly wears her short frizzly natural hair. She has standards and that is to never to be caught wearing her natural hair if not 'human hair'. When  we go the salon she complains about how thick her hair is and tells the hairstylist to apply the 'chemicals' well. But me, I just love wearing my natural hair in a cornrows or braids when I dont feel like wearing weave-ons.

    When a Girl cant be herself, she bends herself to the sterotypes and dies inside because she wants to be perfect.  Girls should be taught to be brave not perfect. Brave to go out in a messy bun and no makeup, brave to be plus size and confident to enjoy her food, brave to rock her natural hair. Not some perfectionist who cant be herself. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts