The Crazy Hookup Culture


  A slew of carefree hookups, the traditional way of dating and getting to know someone simply don't apply.

“Being in college” is the classic excuse for a lot of questionable life choices, including drinking a little too much, wearing sweatpants repeatedly and being unable to date. 
  I don't do parties, I have been to some house parties once or twice, I'm alien to parties for one thing , the excessive smoking and drunkards conversations were unbearable for me. I see people hooking up in parties, I feel little surprised to see how easily one just hooks up with people they just met in a party. 

 Dating in college, seems to be likely with persons we just met in a club or at a party, no getting to know each other but fuck each other, and a few months we are back to being single and trying to hook up. 

 Sometimes, the feeling of being single terrifies us, how can we be single with nobody to lay with under the duvet, watch our favorite shows, we believe in dependence and circle goes on and on. 

I meet women everyday who are in awkward relationship all only in the name to have someone who they say loves them. It's really funny, how lowly, a beautiful and intelligent woman becomes because of a relationship. 

 I know of a pretty girl who is fully endowed in every way I want to be sometimes, she's basically living her life for her boyfriend not herself, just to keep a relationship. She stops braiding her, wearing nail polishs, and her boyfriend's old clothes out. It's pitiful. 

 Another one does want to recognize the fact that her so called boyfriend is an asshole, who sleeps with other women whenever she is not around, even when she caught them, she still believes he loves her. 

 Rather than hookup with such men, I will remain single. Moreover, I love my space and silence, not having anyone to tell what to do. I love being independent, not that I don't want a soul mate. It's really something that takes getting to know each other .  

Back in our parents' college days, young people would go out to eat and take each other out on weekend dates, maybe going to a party or bar together afterward. Then, they marry their college sweethearts and start families.

This scenario is now considered to be old-fashioned and unrealistic. Nowadays, frat formals might be the fanciest of dates you could land. The associated fear of commitment that hook-up culture supports has coerced our generation not to understand how to date.

Call me, old fashioned, but I prefer the hopless romantic kind of love, that involves commitment and friendship. I don't want to fuck but make love. 

It's time for young people to stop being lazy when it comes to dating. We need to break our poor dating habits and realize that if we want to meet The One, we have to act like it.


This generation needs to drop their heartless and emotionless exteriors, under that, the hopeless romantic is there, just that we are unwilling to show it, or afaird to hurt, indeed it exists. 




Comments

Popular Posts