Chiziduru_Changing The Narrative About Nigerian Hair


"kinky,  nappy, rough, tough " Nigerian" hair is beautiful too . And don't let anyone tell you otherwise. " Chiziduru. 

 Nigerian kinky hair has been underrepresented for a while now. Going from your relaxed hair to a kinker hair is basically a bigger hair journey. I remember cutting my hair last year, because it was not really growing out well, I had received a lot of comments on my approach to kinky hair. I was talked down and most times I wanted to apply relaxer to my hair, other times I just want to dreadlocked my hair. 
Bantu Knot and Afro. 
Perm Rod Set. 

  
Since more Nigerian women started to embrace more natural kinkiness about their hair, we are left in awe about steps to take on the hair care. I was especially, hair was a major part of my beauty care, I loved to braid my hair and style differently everyday. But with natural hair, I just didn't know what to do or use. 

 Chiziduru is 22 years graduate who loves hair, makeup and fashion. She documents her natural journey on YouTube and I have recently stumbled on her on Instagram from where she posts short clips of her hair videos and pictures. 

Bad Natural hair days. 

  
From an interview that she had done with Loore, she had talked about how she started her hair journey. She was just twelve years old, after her father had convinced her to cut her off because of her constant complains about how dry and brittle, her relaxed hair was. 

Afro Poppin.

 She believes her passion for doing videos on natural hair care, was because of her belief that weren't too many girls that looked like her in the media. Then, she had decided to inspire girls and show how kinky hair and dark skin is beautiful. And she hopes to change the narratives of the "Nigerian" hair. 

 Follow her on instagram @chiziduru and get to change the narrative of your hair with her journey. 

Photo Credit : @chiziduru. 




Comments

Popular Posts