MEN WORRY ABOUT THEIR BODIES TOO.






 We know how women are obessed with their bodies. Don't you think men are obsessed with theirs and even insecure about theirs too?

I can remember as a kid I was worried about how skinny my legs were- they looked almost like matchsticks. I had many worries about being busty and having ass.

Look at the standards I had to grow up. If you were thin then you were wimpy. If you're then fat you were a pig. When you had small breasts they were describe as puff puff. And when you had no ass you were called a flat iron board.


I lived with this stereotypes until I learnt what it meant to be a feminist. Only thought women were asked to change their bodies not men too.

Do you get embarrassed about being fat? It is same way a man feels embarrassed about having femininely shaped hips and chest. They are men who wish their bodies looked like Michael Jordan's and less like a vat of pudding.

 A recent survey showed that only 18 percent of men are happy enough with their physiques that they wouldn't change them.

Look at the standards men have to measure up to: If they are fat, they are labeled as beer-guzzling couch potatoes. Too thin, and they are deemed wimpy. When they can have too little hair on their heads or too much on their backs. And maybe worst of all, they can be too big in the backside of our pants yet too small in the front.

Now add the fact that men's mental struggle has two layers. "A man thinks, 'Not only does it bother me that I'm fat and my hair is thinning. It bothers me that it bothers me, because I'm not supposed to feel this way,'" and that how society condition it to be. All because we put men in this hard cage called masculinity.

Just the way we obsess about being slender or busty men do too. They worry about shaping up and quitting their elephantine appetite and being on a diet. But for their looks, for their confidence, for the quest to find the perfect-fitting pair of pants.
It's not that men can't change their body; trying to shrink their hips, tighten their guts, and deflate their rear tire. They can.




Comments

Popular Posts