FEMINISM AND FEMINITY ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE

       Apparently, when I say I am a feminist I  get that awkward look like you are too feminine to be strong. People assume that feminism takes away your feminity.

   Being a feminist and feminine are not mutually exclusive. Women and men both need to realise that there is nothing sexier than a strong woman.  A woman who is independent, and says what she feels about everything and anything. Young girls should not be taught to choose between being strong and feminine.


    I absolutely love wearing high heels not for men but for myself. When most women wear high heels you know she's trying too hard to be sexy. The difference between her and a strong woman is that, a strong woman  believes in her feminity.

   I believe in the equal opportunities of the sexes,  I love exploring new things and having adventurous experiences.  I love seeing  horror and action movies the way I watch cartoons. I prefer to do boy's activities ( those activities society actually believe is a boy's thing), but it does mean I dress masculine or look like a tomboy. Sometimes I wear oversized t-shirts and sneakers when my mood permits me and  the feeling to be comfortable surges me. But on those other days I am feeling sexy I wear lipsticks and high heels and skin tight dresses and skirts to hug the slightly curves I am  having. I love arm wrestling or wrestling with a man but I love to be pampered by him too, for the door of the car to be opened for me.

    In my opinion, it is much more desirable to WANT someone rather than NEED them. I never want to NEED to depend on a man.
Doesn’t it make it more special if I want him rather than need him? If I can be his
partner rather than his subordinate?

The world has taught women they need to choose strength or femininity. Many
women who choose strength seem to think they need to be masculine to succeed.

 Other women seemed to think in order to be successful in the
 as a strong woman, they had to strip their femininity. These women succumbed to plain pantsuits and masculine tendencies simply because they thought that was necessary. What a shame that’s the message in this country in 2016.
 

     Don't think raising her to be a feminist means letting her reject feminity. If she likes make up let her wear it.  If she likes fashion let her dress up. But if she doesn't like either let her be. Wearing make up and being natural has absolutely nothing to do with her feminism or femininity.





Comments

Popular Posts